Arkadia

Forum Udruge stolno strateskih igara \"Arkadia\"
It is currently Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Carnifex conversion
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:31 pm 

Mark mi se javio, evo šta piše:
Hi Tom

Unfortunately I cannot make it over this Christmas (unless I win lottery!)

Do not think I can get over till easter at the earliest at present.

Annoying as I would love to participate.

I have a couple of projects under way here at the moment, first is a new dreadnought for my Ironwarriors but something a bit different. See emails below.

Went down to GW uxbridge on Sunday afternoon, looking for a game of 40k after doing some xmas shopping first.

No joy as the only person with a 40k army only had 400 pts with them & was too scared when they saw my Iron warriors.

Anyway showed my models off as you do & while placing a mail order for Dark Eldar, I decided to treat myself to a Carnifex, great model.

One of the staff, Mark I think, looked at me strange & said “Carnifex???”

“Yeah” I replied “I have caught the bug & am going to start a Nid army next”

“Oh,” he said “ for a minute there I had a vision of a silver Carnifex with yellow & black chevrons!”

So I go home & build it….then start thinking……

A Carnifex is a living Dreadnought in the same way as a Wraithlord. It behaves the same, being able to move & fire & close combat attacks ignoring armour, & it is a heavy support choice, it just have toughness, wounds & a save throw instead of armour & damage charts

The Iron warrior novel “Storm of Iron” has a Nid Norm queen ship in it that has been captured by them & is used as a slave transport vessel to bring the Chaos Titan legion to the planet. It describes how it has been pacified & made obedient due to infection with the Obliterator virus..

Now if they can do it to a Norm-queen then……..can you see where this is going?

I have been toying with the idea of another dreadnought for a while but wanted something special.

I feel a big conversion coming on……

I am planning to give it one scything talon & crushing claw on the left side to count as a dreadnought close combat weapon, on the right side a twin linked lascanon in one arm socket & some sort of fuel cell unit grafted into the other.

Intend to use a spare turret cupola from my chaos bits as a neural collar around its neck.

Use the regenerating head for the right side & build a big mechanical targeter out of the exposed skull, possibly use the enhanced senses head for the left side.

Also replace the left foot below the forward knee with a mechanical one (Ghazkull type perhaps) & remove half the carapace on the right side above the lascanon & replace with riveted armour plate made from plasticard or the armour plates from the chaos vehicle sprue..

Add some cabling here & there & green stuff around the chaos parts like I done with the obliterators & paint up nice.

Possibly use magnets to switch in & out the lascannon arm (I have a spare forgeworld multi melta in doors) but might be too much hassle.

Daklem, ovo ni Orkijeva bujna mašta nebi zmislila!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:53 am 

Baš sam razmišljao o bubama zaraženim techno-virusom prije koji dan dok sam čitao gorenavedeni roman. Jedva čekam slikice :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:43 pm 

Kak je to dobro nemrem vjerovat.To mi je super kad oni uzmu norn queen ko transport ta titane.To je stvarno nešto!!Kaj onda kaos sam jednostavno sve ne zarazi tehno virusom,jer kao što je rekao èovjek ako mogu norn queen zašto ne i sve ostalo.

Inaèe èini mi se kao zgodan zamisao ali moram vidjeti model,jer si ga nikako ne mogu zamisliti.

What was one now is two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:09 am 

pa sad ti meni reci ko ima licencu za sijanje horora Igor...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:50 pm 

Title says ENGLISH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:42 pm 

Pardon !

I cant beleive this.That is really written in the novel?
Wow why doesnt chaos than infects every thing that stands in their way with some tehnoviruse or something,because as you said nicely why stop with just a "simple" norn queen-why dont use the whole galaxy as slaves,just infect them and they are yours to command.If it was like that than chaos would really be something.

This just isnt right.

Stupid novel writters!

What was one now is two.